Saturday, July 18, 2009


O.k... I have to tell you of my BIG-little problem... Last Sunday I was cleaning the house(I usually do it on Sat, but..). Our house is completely wood floors and linoleum so the dust bunnies are rampant. Every week I edge the entire house with the vacuum and about every other I edge inside of our windowsills. Well while in our bedroom pulling the blinds up I find 3 Ear Wigs, live. So, I call for Sean to squish them and continue vacuuming. Well I went back to the same window after he left with the dead Ear Wigs and edged that windowsill. 1,2,3,... started pouring out of the tiniest crack in the window! First of all anyone who know us Wiezbowski gals, they know we do not like the bugs. So now I am screaming because they are falling on the floor and climbing on the walls. Sean comes in to see what the problem is starts smushing. Well these bugs are amazingly flat. They do not always die with one stomp of the foot. So we kill all of the disgusting bugs that we can see and I continue cleaning, with Ear Wigs on my mind. I go to the kitchen next... As some of you may know we have a dog, and I clean her food, water dish, and little mat every week. So as I was washing it in the sink, one is crawling on my hand!!! Now the real Jill comes out. I scream as loud as I possibly can and throw the dish down. Sean comes running in and says, "stop doing that I keep thinking you hurt yourself or something". Well he kills the Ear Wig, and I break out in tears... Sean looks at me in disbelief, "is she really crying over a bug?" He sits me down and gets out some bug killer and goes out all around the house spraying(Such a good guy). Well since he has sprayed we are still finding them because they are trying to get away from the poison. We have found them on the toilet paper, paper towels, walls, dead in the lint thingy in the dryer(ew), and towels. They are getting less and less every day but I am at my wits end! I HATE BUGS
F.Y.I Ear Wigs do not go into your ears. They eat plant leaves and like moist places.
This might be a warning to everyone that Ear Wigs are taking over! he he

4 comments:

  1. OMG How devastating! And yes I know how much you don't like bugs! You wouldn't ever sleep at my house because we had scorpions!!! But I don't blame you! If I had those things crawling all over, I would want to move out! I hate bugs!!! Well good luck! And I hope that those stupid bugs go away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill I didn't know you had a blog! I would be screaming too if I saw that many earwigs...those things scare the crap out of me! Lucas totally picks them up by the pinchers...he says that is the safe way to hold them....so disgusting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jill i keep trying to add you to my blog! is your blog email jillwiezbowski@yahoo.com? let me know so i can add you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so freaking nasty dude, I am sorry. I have complete nervous breakdowns when I get buggies in my house. You need a prego picture up lady!!

    ReplyDelete